In this class children ages 2-5 will be making a holiday themed craft. Participants will be able to work on their sensory and fine motor skills while getting messy! We provide the materials, the fun and the clean up! Instructions:
- Child must be accompanied by an adult or someone age 16+.
- Registration deadline is the Monday prior to session.
Join this new social group for adult swimmers! Learn basic workout design and swim technique along with peer motivation by training together. Adult Lap Swim Club will be held in the WRCC Indoor Lap Pool on Wednesday mornings from 5:45-6:45 am.
Join this 100-mile challenge! Walk, run or bike any part of the Crooked Crane Trail -- Log your mileage over the summer and receive recognition at the end of the journey. You'll receive a t-shirt sponsored by Steffan Saw & Bike. Challenge begins May 22nd! For registered participants only - log your miles using the form below. If you are not registered, please go to the Register Now button or call the Parks & Recreation Office to register by phone. [formidable id="26" description="1"] or use the Printable Log Sheet
The only class that you can play with your food! Food Art is a fun way to try new foods and be creative with snacks for your littles. INSTRUCTIONS:
- Children must be accompanied by an adult or someone age 16+.
- Registration is required. Deadline is Friday prior to the class.
- 🎃October 10 | Join us in making fun Halloween treats! We'll be putting together Halloween Apple Mouths, Chocolate Pretzel Spiderwebs and Candy Corn Strawberries - YUM!
- 🦃November 14 | Happy Thanksgiving! Get ready to celebrate the spirit of gratitude and togetherness -- we'll be making Pilgrim Hat Cookies, Turkey Rice Krispies and Cornucopia.
- 🎄December 12 | Welcome to a magical journey of holiday food art! Get ready to enjoy putting together a festive Snowman Snack Plate, Christmas Tree Snack and Apple & Orange Reindeer.
- ❄January 9 | Join us for an enchanting winter wonderland! Watch as your little ones' creativity comes to life as they craft a Sandwich Snowman, Snowflake and Polar Bear Toast.
- ♥February 13 | Spread the love with edible creativity! Their little eyes will light up as they turn ingredients into a Strawberry Heart, Arrow Heart and Valentine's Day Fruit Kabobs.
- 🍀March 12 | Step into a world of enchantment and creativity with our St. Patrick's Day class where the littles will be making Shamrocks, a Rainbow and a Leprechaun, all made from yummy ingredients to inspire a touch of Irish.
- 🐞April 9 | Springtime Inspiration! Celebrate the beauty of the season while making a Sandwich Tree, Ladybugs & Ants and an Earth Day Fruit Map Snack. Join us for a blooming good time!
- 🦋May 14 | This month, we're bringing a world of whimsy and imagination with animal inspired food art. Make adorable creatures that are as delightful to create as they are to eat. From playful Sheep, to Butterflies that flutter on your taste buds, to Fish and a Crab to explore even more creativity. This is where food meets adventure!
Learn new sills through our introductory class by using a variety of steps, techniques, and chance to expand new ideas by using different mediums. Materials are provided. $15/class - sign up for one class or for all! (You will choose your class dates during the registration process) CLASS DATES: Mondays - January 8, 15, 22 & 29; February 5, 12, 26 & March 4, 2024 ART-TASTIC | Ages 6-8 | 4:00-5:00 pm ART-MAZING | Ages 9-12 | 5:00-6:00 pm Instructions:
- Registration deadline is the Thursday prior to session.
Come play at our "house!" We will have gross motor equipment, building blocks, jumping animals and toys set-up. Children can move about safely in our enclosed MAC gym area and have access to the indoor playground. Playtime music will be played and theme based crafts will be set-up for children.
- No pre-registration necessary.
- Cost is $4/drop-in fee or free with WRCC membership.
- Must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Hey Kids! Santa wants to know what’s on your Christmas list! Sign up to receive a phone call from the North Pole and help Santa and his elves get ready for Christmas Day. Phone calls will be made to registered participants from 5:00-7:00 pm on the night you choose. We only ask that you are available from 5-7 pm as we cannot guarantee a return call for missed calls.
Elementary Cross Country is a great way to introduce the youth of Dickinson and surrounding communities to the sport of cross country. Kids will have the chance to compete in their age group. Meets are held each Wednesday in September. RUNNING ORDER:
- Grades K-2 (1/2 mile)
- Grades 3-4 (1/2 mile)
- Grades 5-6 (1 mile)
Grab your friends and form your teams to compete in this competitive fun-filled league. Two seasons are offered, Fall and Winter. Get your registration in early – max of 16 teams! LEAGUE INFO & SCHEDULES: TBA Questions? Contact Wilson McLaughlin at 701-456-2074 or email [email protected]
Workout at your own pace with 40 days to reach your goal! Choose your division below and register for the division you would like to compete in, and set your own pace. We will rely on the honor system for all competitors when recording their mileage totals. Reach your goal by the end of the event and receive a t-shirt. **POOL CLOSURE: The leisure pool will be closed for waterslide maintenance Sept. 25 - Oct. 6 which will affect water walking. You may substitute the rowing machine in place of water walking if you prefer. Lap pool will be open for lap swimmers as normal. DIVISIONS:
- Ultra Ironman – 5.2 mile swim, 52 mile run/walk, 220 mile bike
- Ironman – 2.6 mile swim, 26 mile run/walk, 110 mile bike
- Tinman – 1.5 mile swim, 13 mile run/walk, 55 mile bike
- Olympic – 1 mile swim, 6 mile run/walk, 24 mile bike
- Sprint – 750 meter swim, 3 mile run/walk, 12 mile bike