SILVERSNEAKERS® FITNESS PROGRAM
The SilverSneakers® Fitness Program is provided by Healthways. The program is the nation’s leading exercise program designed exclusively for older adults. Members receive a basic membership at no cost. The program includes use of basic amenities and access to our signature SilverSneakers® classes. SilverSneakers® is typically offered to Medicare-eligible members of a sponsoring organization or health plan. Medicare-eligible members are adults age 65 or older, or, in some cases, those of any age deemed disabled and receiving Medicare.
- Membership to the West River Community Center at no cost that includes conditioning classes, as well as the use of strength tools, pools, steam/sauna rooms and more.
- The specially designed, low-impact SilverSneakers® classes which promote increased strength, flexibility, balance and coordination.
- Special events and health education seminars.
Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activities for daily living. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a SilverSneakers ball are offered for resistance. A chair is available if needed for seated or standing support.
Combine fun with fitness to increase your cardiovascular and muscular endurance power with a standing circuit workout. Upper-body strength work with hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a SilverSneakers ball is alternated with low-impact aerobic choreography. A chair is used for standing support, stretching and relaxation exercises.
SilverSneakers Yoga will move your whole body through a complete series of seated and standing yoga poses. Chair support is offered to safely perform a variety of seated and standing postures designed to increase flexibility, balance and range of movement. Restorative breathing exercises and final relaxation will promote stress reduction and mental clarity.
For more information on the SilverSneakers® Fitness Program and to find out if you are eligible please visit with your medicare provider or visit www.silversneakers.com.
STAY ENGAGED THROUGH ONLINE WORKOUTS!
Learn more about how to stay active by clicking on the options below.
- Thursday, 4/2: Balance & Flexibility—Awesome combination! Balance exercises can help boost your strength, stability, and body awareness. Plus, they help reduce your risk of falling. Flexibility exercises can help improve posture and reduce stiffness.
- Friday, 4/3: Friday Mixer—Friday is for having fun! Enjoy a mix of your favorite exercises from the week. Make sure you comment on what you like, so you can see your favorite exercise featured.
- Indoor & Outdoor Aquatic Areas
- 4 Full Size Gymnasiums
- Multi-Athletic Court
- 3 Racquetball/Wallyball Courts
- 2 Indoor Tennis Courts
- Golf Simulator w/ Driving Cage