Patterson Lake Recreational Area
Patterson Lake Recreation Area consists of 26 miles of shoreline, 1,438 acres of land and 819 acres of water. The land is owned by the United States Bureau of Reclamation and managed by Dickinson Parks and Recreation. It is home of Lions Park and the Crooked Crane Trail. It also features one of the top disc golf courses in the country.
3753 114th Ave SW
Dickinson, ND 58601
Dickinson Parks & Recreation | 701.456.2074 (Mon-Fri 8 am-5 pm)
Visitors Booth | 701.456.2056 (see season hours below)
The Patterson Lake Visitors Booth can provide you with general information, camping and entrance fees along with local tourist information.
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Memorial Day through Labor Day.
ENTRANCE FEE (Memorial Day through Labor Day)
$2.00 daily fee per vehicle
$20.00 Season Pass (registered by car license)
The fee is being used to maintain this recreation area, which consists of 26 miles of shoreline, 1,438 acres of land and 819 acres of water.
Senior Citizens, age 60 years and older, may get in free with a pass which may be picked up at the Information Booth during normal hours of operation.
PICNIC SHELTER RESERVATIONS
- Lion’s Park Shelter – $50.00 (entrance fee included)
- Old Archery Range Shelter – $45.00 (entrance fee included)
- Shelter reservations must be made in advance by contacting Dickinson Parks and Recreation at 701-456-2074.
CAMPGROUND – Click here for ONLINE RESERVATIONS
- Campground opens for the season on May 24, 2019
- Modern Sites – $26/night (entrance fee included) – Modern sites include bathrooms, water, electricity and sewer dump. Open seasonal as weather allows.
- Primitive Sites – $18.00/night (entrance fee included) – Primitive sites are parking space only. Open Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend.
As of 9/3/19 – Primitive Campground is closed for the season.
- View Campground Map
Campfires are allowed in designated fire rings ONLY and only when there is not a mandated fire ban. During a fire ban, all outdoor cooking will be confined to propane grills. Information concerning fire bans will be available at the information booth or by visiting http://www.starkcountynd.gov/fire. Cutting of firewood is prohibited. FIREWORKS are not allowed!
Boating | Fishing | Swimming | Water Skiing | Camping | Picnic Areas | Playgrounds | Disc Golf | Horseshoe Pits | Mountain Biking |
Nature Areas | Sand Volleyball Court | Crooked Crane Trail – View Crooked Crane Map
Dickinson Parks & Recreation wants to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable ice fishing season. Please click here for ice safety guidelines from the North Dakota Game & Fish.
Our Mission is to enhance the quality of life for the community and its visitors by providing leisure opportunities.