Dickinson Parks and Recreation is in the people business. Thousands of people come through our facilities doors each day and our leagues and programs see hundreds of people a day. We wouldn’t have anything if we didn’t have you, and because of that, your health and safety is our highest priority.
Dickinson Parks and Recreation administration has been closely following and monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We’re actively using the information distributed by the WHO and CDC, and working with local health authorities to educate ourselves and our staff on what we can do to stop and contain the spread of this virus. We also want to update you on the steps we’re taking to ensure your well-being and ask you for your help in preventing the spread of the virus.
EFFECTIVE 5-25-20: WRCC FACILITY UPDATE
Indoor Aquatic areas (pools, sauna, steam room, hot tub) and locker rooms will be open. Outdoor pool will open on Friday, May 29.
EFFECTIVE 5-20-20: WRCC FACILITY UPDATE
- Beginning May 26 the West River Community Center will follow these hours of operation: Monday through Friday 5:00 am to 9:00 pm, Saturday 7:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 to 8:00 pm.
- Beginning May 20
- We will allow doubles on tennis and pickleball courts.
- We will allow 4 people per hoop in the basketball gymnasium.
- We will allow 2 on 2 wallyball reservations.
- Tanning beds will be available for reservations.
- Community Rooms will be available for rent for meetings and events other than birthday parties. The rental will be restricted to half capacity per room.
- Golf Simulator will be available for reservations.
- Beginning May 26
- Spin classes will be added to the group fitness schedule. Check our online group fitness schedule for more details.
- Beginning June 1
- Additional group fitness classes will be added to the schedule including Silver Sneakers classes.
EFFECTIVE 5-14-20: PROGRAM UPDATE
- All recreation programming with the exception of Golf League and Softball League will remain on schedule as published in the DPR Activity Guide and this website.
- All programs will make modifications to ensure we’re following guidelines established by the State of ND to the best of our ability. Some of these modifications may include limiting participation numbers in programs, breaking participants into smaller groups at the site, and modifying activities within the program.
- Cleaning procedures will be established to include disinfection of any/all equipment used, surfaces and facilities.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be provided for participants and staff.
- Face coverings are encouraged for participants to wear, but not required. Face masks will not be provided by the Park District.
- Park District employees will be screened before they begin work for signs of illness or fever.
EFFECTIVE 5-11-20: Patterson Lake Recreation Area Visitors Booth and Campground are open. Please follow our Covid-19 procedures & guidelines.
EFFECTIVE 5-5-20: Dickinson Parks and Recreation will be removing all caution tape on our playgrounds. Please use your own discretion when using them as they are not cleaned on a regular basis. If you are on a playground or are using our outdoor fitness equipment, please practice social distancing and use your own hand sanitizer when you are done. You may also use your own bacterial wipes to wipe off any surfaces prior to playing.
EFFECTIVE 4-30-20: North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum has announced that North Dakota will allow fitness centers to reopen in May. The West River Community Center is thrilled to be reopening and are anxious to see all of our patrons. Reopening our facility within the ND Smart Restart Guidelines will be complex and require new procedures and processes. We are in the process of submitting our plan, but are excited to announce we will reopen WRCC on Tuesday, May 5 at 5:00 am. Look for our new facility use guidelines and policies to come out on Monday. For the most up-to-date information, please check this site often.
EFFECTIVE 3-20-20: Dickinson Parks and Recreation will continue to suspend all programs and close all facilities. Our administrative office will also be closed to public traffic and we will continue to provide weekly updates on Fridays. We have developed the following procedures for West River Community Center memberships:
ALL ACCOUNTS have been frozen and will not be active until the facility re-opens.
1-MONTH, 3-MONTH, LOCKER & ANNUAL (paid in full) – Every day lost to closure will be added to the end of the membership term.
MONTHLY EFT’s (Credit Card and Checking Accounts) – All monthly EFT’s are being frozen and no payments will be taken from member accounts effective immediately.
PAYROLL DEDUCTION – We will work individually with our corporate business partners to determine the best course of action.
Our Mission is to enhance the quality of life for the community and its visitors by providing leisure opportunities.