On Friday, November 13, 2020 Governor Doug Burgum issued Executive Order 2020-43. The order was issued to slow and mitigate the rapid spread of COVID-19 throughout our state and addresses specific items including those that effect operations at Dickinson Parks and Recreation, the West River Community Center and the West River Ice Center. Effective immediately, to comply with the Executive Order, Dickinson Parks and Recreation will implement the following:
- Face coverings are required to be worn by all patrons 5+ entering the West River Community Center. Patrons are required to wear their coverings over their mouth and nose while they are not engaged in exercise. Coverings may be taken off while exercising or participating in physical activity. We encourage the use of masks during lower intensity exercise. There are other exemptions related to this order that can be accessed here: https://www.governor.nd.gov/sites/www/files/documents/executive-orders/SHO%20Order%202020-08%20Signed.pdf). Physical activity is critical to individuals overall health and our goal is to provide a safe, healthy environment for our community.
- All sports leagues and programming will be paused, cancelled or postponed to a later date. All of those that are affected by this will be contacted by our office with more information.
- The West River Ice Center will be closed and activities cancelled until December 13, 2020.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to remind everyone how critical it is to follow the ND Smart Restart Guidelines. Please help us keep our facilities open, safe and clean for everyone by following the guidelines we’ve established for your safety and the safety of others. We’re all in this together and your behaviors and actions matter.
FACILITY SPECIFIC INFORMATION:
WEST RIVER COMMUNITY CENTER
- Per Executive Order 2020-43, patrons 5+ are required to wear face coverings over their mouth and nose while they are not engaged in exercise. Keep 6 ft physical distancing from others and follow all posted signage.
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 5:00 am to 9:00 pm, Saturday 7:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 to 8:00 pm.
- Most of the facility is open with the exception of two areas which will remain CLOSED:
- Indoor Playground
- MAC Gym
- Drop-in daycare is available at a limited capacity (10 children max). All children will be checked for signs of illness including a temperature check before they are signed in to our care.
- There will be limited capacity in certain areas of the building. Signs are posted at each location.
- Call in advance for court reservations – singles play only in the racquetball courts, doubles in tennis and pickleball are allowed.
- Basketball courts will be allowed to have 4 people per hoop.
- No basketballs or equipment rental will be available. Fitness mats are also unavailable at this time, please bring your own if you wish.
- Please wipe equipment with gym wipes before and after each use.
- GROUP FITNESS: Schedule is available online or on our fitness app. You will need to reserve your spot via our WRCC Fitness app.
- Please download the WRCC FITNESS app which is available in the App Store or Google Play – you will be able to use the barcode scanner in place of using your key tag, register for classes, as well as receive important notifications and much more.
WEST RIVER ICE CENTER
- The West River Ice Center will be closed and all activities cancelled until 12-13-2020.
HEART RIVER RETREAT and STARK COUNTY VETERANS PAVILION
- For private rentals, all users must adhere to the mandates found here: https://ndresponse.gov/covid-19-resources/covid-19-business-and-employer-resources/nd-smart-restart/nd-smart-restart-protocols
Our Mission is to enhance the quality of life for the community and its visitors by providing leisure opportunities.